Following on from my Disney World Bucket List, listing all of the things I would like to do with my so to be wife on our honeymoon, I thought it would be fun to do a bucket list for our first time on a Disney Cruise.
So a little context, my nearly wifey and I are jetting off to Florida in March for our honeymoon. We start this once in a lifetime trip with a 3 night stay on a Disney Cruise, sailing on the Disney Dream. This will be a first time for both of us, as neither of us have been on a cruise before.
We’ve done lots of research, joined the Facebook groups and watched hours cruising videos on YouTube, (we can thank Adam Hattan and Tim Tracker for that), so we have a rough idea of what to expect and what we would like to do.
Our cruise takes us from Port Canaveral in Florida around The Bahamas. On Day 2 we stop at Nassau, the capital of The Bahamas, which we actually plan to make our ‘day at sea’ at stay on the cruise, then Day 3 (the most exciting day) takes us to Disney’s very own private island called Castaway Cay, the 4th and final day takes us back to Port Canaveral, where we disembark and head to Walt Disney World.
To say we’re excited by all of this, would be an understatement. So here are 25 things we are looking forward to and hope to do on our first time on a Disney Cruise:
- Get photo with Captain Mickey
- Get photo with Donald in his beach outfit at Castaway Cay
- Watch the Sail Away deck party
- Learn a fun fact about the cruise
- Try a new food/meal at dinner
- Make cruise friends
- Take part in the Disney Trivia & Disney Song Quiz
- Decorate our stateroom door with magnets
- Relax in the Rain Forest spa
- Have our drawing animated at Animators Palate
- Watch a movie on Funnel Vision
- Watch a newly released movie in the theater
- Get a Disney Cruise Line pin
- Get a Castaway Cay pin
- Watch the diaper dash (real racing babies)
- Pin trade
- Get a Disney Cruise Line / CC spirit jersey
- Play mini golf at Goofy’s Sports Deck (top deck)
- Watch the ship fireworks on Pirate Night
- Dress up (kind of) like a pirate
- Get a good seat for the Beauty and the Beast show
- Eat allllll the free ice cream and snacks
- Hang out in the adults only pool area
- Get a photo with a Disney Princess
- Watch the See Ya Real Soon performance in the auditorium
Got any other suggestions or recommendations, please let me know! We want to make this trip as epic as possible.
Now, just to continue with the countdown… 4 and a bit months to go.